A lot has been said and heard about CCNA network technology course. In our earlier blog posts, we have made you realize that this course is worth it. But do you know in the world of networking technology there is one more course similar to CCNA. Yes! Here we are talking about Network+. The preference usually boils down to these two leading courses. Let’s take a look at them and understand whether CCNA course is better or Network+? Is it worth having a certificate in both the two courses?
- Demonstrates the ability in
- Network + course- This course helps demonstrate the knowledge of networking technology and functions, like installation and configuration, management, security and media topology.
- CCNA course- the course vouchers the candidate’s ability to install, configure and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks.
With this one can derive a conclusion that Network + is a fundamental course that talks about ins and out of the networking technology, while CCNA is an advanced course that provides hands-on experience in the networking technology.
- The course content
- Network+- It is a vendor-neutral certificate. By that we mean, that this certificate provides knowledge and understanding of networking in general, and a candidate can apply this knowledge to all the networks.
- CCNA- It is a CISCO certified course. Hence, the candidates are made up to date about the CISCO networking technology and products. Though the program cover entire gamut of networking topics, but the focus is obvious!
- Difficulty level
- Network+- Network+ is not a difficult course to pursue. Anybody with an average knowledge in the networking technology can clear this exam easily because the knowledge provided is general and the concepts are rudimentary by nature.
- On the other hand, clearing CCNA course isn’t a joke. A lot of hard work is required to carry the badge of CCNA certified individual. Even though it is an entry-level course, but a candidate needs to have 1-3 years of prior experience in the field of networking. The course requires you to burn the midnight oil as well practical hands-on experience in CISCO routers and switching. It’s not a cakewalk.
So, who wins the race?
If you are a beginner in the field of networking, Networking+ is a smart way to enter this field. It is a well-organized and structured course that aims to fill the knowledge gap. For people who have the knowledge and few years of experience in the networking technology, CCNA is a logical step. The in-depth study of networking, routing, protocols, network design, makes you the most desired candidate. It is nearly impossible to achieve the CCNA degree without hands on and practical lab experience. Whichever certification you select, it is important to identify your career goals, as well as the current experience and knowledge. Even those who have prior experience under their belt should remember that clearing these exams is not easy. CCNA training classes can aid you in that. NettechIndia is one of the best CCNA training institutes that helps you to go beyond traditional training.