CIPT1 is part of CCNP Voice certification that focuses on Implementing Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony. It prepares students for implementing a Cisco Unified Communications Manager solution at a single-site environment. This course mainly focuses on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, which is the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco Unified Communications solution. Candidates will learn basic administrative tasks, such as configuring users and associating them with phones, as well as more advanced topics, such as unified mobility, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), H.323 gateways, and media resources.
On successful completion of this Cisco CIPT 1 exam, students will be able to perform post-installation tasks, and build dial plans to place on-net and off-net phone calls. NetTech India, is one of the leading institutes for the Cisco CIPT 1 course. This course covers topics like Introduction to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Enabling Single-Site On-Net Calling, Single-Site Off-Net Calling, Media Resources and Feature and Application Implementation. The major prerequisites for this course are:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking including LANs.
- WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP.
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP.
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks.
- Ability to configure Cisco IOS gateways with traditional and VoIP call legs.
The major objectives of this CIPT1 course are:
- Describe Cisco Unified Communications Manager, including its functions, architecture, deployment and redundancy options, and how to install or upgrade.
- Perform Cisco Unified Communications Manager initial configuration and user management.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to support on-cluster calling.
- Implement PSTN access in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and to build a dial plan in a single-site Cisco.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager media resources.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager features and applications.
Apart from above, students also learn about add and delete phones manually and using auto registration, add users, assign them capabilities, and associate them with phones, Configure DSP resources and many more.