Cisco is in the forefront for providing expertise training on network infrastructure; we shall in this article take a look at one of the vital networking certification Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE Routing and Switching). It certifies the skills required of expert-level network engineers to plan, operate and troubleshoot complex, converged network infrastructure.
The Cisco Routing and Switching certification is designed for network managers, professionals, senior network engineers and architects who are responsible for implementing and troubleshooting today’s complex converged networks in enterprise networking environments. It is an expert-level skills required to plan, prepare, operate, monitor and troubleshoot complex converged networks. Professionals who achieve CCIE have demonstrated their technical skills at the highest level.
The major highlights of this certification are Network Principles, Layer 2 Technologies, Layer 3 Technologies, which help you understand interior and exterior routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP) as well as addressing, Layer 3 multicast, and fundamental routing concepts that are common across routing protocols. Next, in this certification you also learn about VPN Technologies that includes MPLS’s L2 and L3 VPNs as well as DMVPN and IPv6 Tunneling techniques. In this CCIE certification professionals get expertise training on:
- Use IOS Troubleshooting Tools
- Apply Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Interpret Packet Capture
- Implement and Troubleshoot Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
- Implement EIGRP (multi-address) Named Mode
- Implement, Troubleshoot and Optimize EIGRP and OSPF Convergence and Scalability
- Implement and Troubleshoot DMVPN (single hub)
- Implement and Troubleshoot IPsec with pre-shared key
- Implement and Troubleshoot IPv6 First Hop Security